This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tiny knits for tiny feet


The 'friends are having babies' phase has definitely arrived. These little kimono slippers are for a little girl called Effie (Euphemia), born in Athens a month ago. I don't think her mother reads my blog so I hope it's safe to post them here. They are super easy to make: knit a tiny T-shape, join the short ends together and then sew the long ends together (see blog and ravelry). A perfect way to create something cute out of yarn leftovers. These were made from 100% Alpaca (not leftovers) in a beautiful deep orange, not very well pictured above. I used the other half of the skein for another tiny human, but I think his father does occasionally read my blog so I won't show them here. (Also, I can't, because I forgot to take pictures before I mailed them.)

4 comments:

  1. These are really cute, I love them! I wish I could knit, but I need a teacher :). Do you thing these could be also crocheted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, "think" is what I wanted to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I don't crochet, I think you could!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!